Warung Bebas

Thursday 27 September 2012

{Life} Year End Goals...

Photobucket

A few weeks ago I read this post on A Beautiful Mess about devising four simple goals for yourself before the end of the year. Now all you ABM readers will know that if there's one thing Elsie and Emma are really good at, it's following through on goals... I mean come on, they wanted to open a vintage shop? Check. Start their own super cute clothing line? Done. Write a book? Heck, why not make that two books?

The point I'm trying to make is these girls go after their dreams like nobody's business and big things happen, which I find particularly inspiring because, well, I let dreams die... Big time. My problem? Zero follow through, ladies and gentlemen. Since Rome wasn't built in a day (or some other cheesy cliche) I figure that if I'm going to start working towards achieving bigger goals, I should probably master the little ones first, right? That's why I couldn't resist joining this little challenge and seeing if I can — for once in my life — actually do what I say I'm going to do... Geeez.

So with that said, here are four simple goals designed to bring happiness into my life, and hopefully those around me, before 2013... Here we go!

1. Smile at a stranger each day
This one can be harder than it sounds because it's so easy to get wrapped up in your own little world and forget to acknowledge the nice lady sitting beside you on the bus or the sweet old man passing you by on the street... So from now until at least the end of the year, I'm going to be all smiles.

2. Spend at least 1 hour of quality time with my gent each night
The importance of this one goes without saying, especially when you're a workaholic, social butterfly such as myself... 'Nuff said.

3. Bake holiday treats and make my own decorations
I buy a copy of Martha Stewart's Halloween mag every year, pin crafts like a crazy person and buy more stationary than I know what to do with, yet every single year I fall short on holiday-themed goodness. So this year I'm going to make the most of the Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas triple whammy and get domestic!

4. Finish reading 3 books
My nightstand is pretty much where books go to die, so for what's left of this year I endeavour to finish reading at least 3 books... It's happening, people!

Aaaand that's it! Hopefully I can actually follow through on these easy goals, and maybe you'll be inspired to make four of your own... Happy Thursday, lovelies! xx

0 comments em “{Life} Year End Goals...”

Post a Comment

 

Fashionably Mysterious Copyright © 2012 Best Celebrity Wallpaper -- Powered by Blogger